This is a vintage sheet I got at the thrift store today, and I think it will make a fabulous shirt!
I bought this mirror a couple months ago, and I really liked it. Its hanging next to our front door, and it reminds me of a giant oval one my gram always had hanging in her hallway. And today, I found another one exactly like it! Well, its a horrendous gold. So they will soon be painted and probably hanging over our nightstands! Yay pairs of mirrors!!
In other news, John and I helped my parents build their greenhouse today! (Side note: it’s no longer in the 50’s and 60’s… its quite cold.)
I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend, friends and neighbors!
I am finally done with finals! WOO HOO!! And what will I be doing with all my free time you ask? A LOT of sewing! Its mostly a handmade Christmas this year, so there is much to do, on top of all the selfish sewing I need to do for me, myself, and I!
Photographed the graduation today, and it was lovely! I’m glad we could be there & show how proud we are of her.
I leave you with this. An image of something I hold very dear to my heart. My first good camera.
So, my Gram gave me a present with this giant pink bow on it the same Christmas my parents gave me that camera, in 98. I took the bow off and tied it to my camera strap and its been there ever since. Its been all over with me, Spain, France, Canada, Florida, California, every where. Its really beginning to disintegrate, and I happened to take this while playing with Suzi’s camera Wednesday night, and I love it. Its now my desktop wallpaper!
Have a great weekend!!!
This weekend I got to shoot some senior portraits of a gorgeous girl who I have the privilege of calling family.
She looks amazing, and we had a wonderful time doing the shoot. So far I’ve got the 150+ edited down to around 50. I always underestimate how long it takes just to sort through so many pictures.
In shorts news, they still aren’t done. I couldn’t find the fabric I use to make muslins. So I decided to go ahead and cut the real thing, leaving an inch or so extra on all sides so I had wiggle room. Turns out they are much much too big for me. I’d always rather have that problem than not having enough fabric.
I got them all sewn up finally before work today. All that is left is finishing the edges and elastic casing. This light weight seersucker is very prone to unraveling, so I definitely want to finish the inside edges as well. Not sure if I’ll make up some bias tape and bind them that way, or what. We shall see…