I’m becoming a fan of Sis Boom Patterns. First I made a Jamie, I’ve now made 2 of their Angie dresses. Well actually almost a 3rd, but its a light floral, and the weather changed before I could finish it. The pattern is similar to the very first dress I ever made, M5983, pictures below from the pre-blog days.
The first one I really like. Its the fabric I was going to use years ago to make a dress for my youngest sister-in-law’s high school graduation. (Blogged here.)
That’s my “It has pockets!” face.
I ended up cutting the bodice out twice. The first go ’round was way too big, thanks to my awesome flat pattern alteration skills. Fortunately I had plenty of fabric.
I meant to bind the edge to the inside of the dress, but I wasn’t paying enough attention and did it backwards. Oh well! I like it!
It absolutely needs a belt or a sash or something to break it up. I was quite happy with my solution of using an old red t-shirt. Its got some stretch so it’s comfy, but it serves its purpose.
Just a tube, turned out & pressed. I folded over the ends.
I finished edges with my favorite feature of my new sewing machine, a zig zag with it’s special overcast foot. By favorite feature, I mean the only thing I like about the machine. I need to write up a review.
I really like the dress I think. I’ve only worn it once. I made it at the very tail end of summer, and it quickly became too cold/too autumnal to wear. I am looking forward to wearing it in the spring for sure!